An unexpected crack in the car windshield is a matter of serious concern. Car owners often have a hard time finding auto glass replacement and repair services, especially in times of emergency. While it’s easy to check a few names online, how do you compare these companies? Here are 9 tips that would help every customer.
- First things first, ask around. Talk to your friends, neighbors and colleagues to find recommendations or services that they have tested at some point. References are handy and can help in emergencies.
- Check reviews. Concerned about the complaints against a service? Well, a better idea is to check reviews from other customers. You will find feedback and comments on direct site of the company or on third party portals.
- Don’t miss the response time. If you are stranded somewhere on the road, nothing will matter more than fast service. A good glass replacement company will have a hotline number and will take the least time to offer help.
- The nature of services matter. Not all companies deal with on-road assistance. Look for a company that can reach you, in case you need help away from their service center.
- What’s the quote? Long before you can assign the job to a company, you have to check their estimate along with the terms and conditions. Some services may have special discounts and offers, which can help in saving more. The quote should have no scope for hidden charges.
- In most cases, auto glass replacement and repairs shouldn’t take more than a couple of days. However, it’s best to know the estimated delivery time. If a particular firm offers ‘same day service’, it’s an added advantage.
- Do they offer a service guarantee? For a new windshield or a car window glass, you might get a service guarantee. Check the details of the same. Please note that the policies of every company can be very different in this regard.
- Check the service agreement in detail. Don’t be surprised to find hidden charges in your bill. Many customers end up signing contracts without reading the terms and conditions, which leads to further disputes.
- Lastly, don’t miss on checking the basic aspects about the company. Is the company licensed? Are their professionals bonded and insured for such jobs? These are just a few questions that you should pop before signing any contract.
Check online now to find a few known names in your city!